Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Writing Robin

It's been fun to get some Princess Robin feedback. One mother/daughter duo took turns reading aloud from the Kindle. When they got to a sexy part the 30 year old daughter just said "blah, blah, blah." She was too embarrassed to read sexy moves to Mom. Overall, they both enjoyed the adventure.

To get back to an earlier post. The writing of Robin largely took place during an eight month period of 2003 after my father experienced a stroke. I was forced to leave my family in Oklahoma and become his caretaker in California. That was one of the most difficult times of my life. Seeing Dad's health fail, being separated from my husband and children, I was very low. I'd wake up in the morning under an emotional cloud.

Princess Robin became my light in the tunnel. I'd start out the day feeling sad, but after a couple hours of Robin and Simon matching wits, taking on the dastardly Lord Basil, I always felt better. The story brought me joy.

I hope it does the same for those who happen upon it.

Have a lovely day--

Dana

No comments:

Post a Comment